What is Operation Prayer? Prayer is how we communicate with God our Father. It is through out personal conversation with God and our daily devotions where we can converse with God. The ICFG’s goal is to “Encourage personal, spiritual growth in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ.”
In the site below you will see why prayer is important, different things you can pray for and how you can pray for them, sign up to help join us in praying!
P R A Y E R I S P O W E R F U L
Why do we pray? Let’s look to the bible for that answer:
Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Exodus 14:14 – “The LORD will fight for you; you need only be still.”
Psalm 120:1 – “I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 – “pray continually,”
Colossians 4:2 – “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful”
Romans 12:12 – “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Jeremiah 33:3 – “’Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’”
James 5:16 – “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person I powerful and effective.”
1 Chronicles 16:11 – “Look to the LORD and His strength; seek his face always.”
Ephesians 6:18 – “and pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
Matthew 26:41 – “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Psalm 145:18 – “the Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.”
Prayer Warriors Needed!
Papua New Guinea
On February 25 2018, a 7.5 magnitude earthquake hit Papua New Guinea that has led to much destruction. Houses and buildings were collapsed, roads were blocked off by landslides, food was destroyed, and many people have died in result. It is a massive destruction that has been ongoing and causing many to lose their lives. More than hundreds of people have died so far, and yet some are still dying, with more than thousands injured with massive environmental damage to homes and infrastructures. The earthquake has triggered many landslides which continue to cause more damage. There is so much need in PNG right now. For more information, feel free to visit the workteam blog here.
- For all those who are so deeply affected by this, and still living in
fear of the aftershocks that are happening.
- For continued strength and wisdom for the church leaders.
- For the needed resources to rebuild churches, homes, a sawmill, a
meeting tent, and much more.
- For short term mission workers who will attempt to encourage and
support the church in its efforts.
- For continued passion to save the lost, make disciples, and plant
Located in North Africa, the country of Mauritania is a primarily
Islamic. Christians there face hatred from groups who are against
non-Muslims. They are faced not only with acts of violence, but are
framed with alleged offences against Muslims. Christianity is
vigorously opposed, and any expression of faith carries the risk of
prosecution. Under the laws of the country, evangelizing of Muslims
- For illiterate believers as they seek God with limited access to His
- For reconciliation in a divided country and that the unjust social
structures would be undone.
- That God will soften the hearts of those persecuting Christian
- That Christians will find support and fellowship with other
believers despite their small numbers.
- Pray seekers will encounter Jesus and those who follow Him will be
courageous in their witness.
Christians face extreme persecution in this atheist-majority
populated region. The main drive for persecution of Christians is the
communist dictator, Kim Jong Un. Christians are viewed as hostile
elements in society. Neighbors, non-Christian family members, and
even children of Christians are closely watching for suspicious signs
to report any suspects to the authorities.
When discovered, Christians are either killed on the spot, or shipped
off to labor camps along with their family.
Sadly, there is not even a slight space in society for Christians in
- For the leader Kim Jong Un to come to know the one true God.
- For the power of evil in the country to be broken.
- For the protection of Christians in North Korea.
- For the comfort of those suffering in prisons, labor camps, and
- For strength and endurance for the North Korean church.